Coffee percolators are used by coffee enthusiasts who wanted to brew their coffee to extract their flavor. This device was popular in the 1970s, but it dwindled into usage as the automatic drip coffee makers entered the market. However, the device is slowly making a comeback in the 21st century and more brands are manufacturing their own version of the coffee percolator. Today, there are many coffee percolators that can be purchased online. It comes in different shapes and sizes, and there are tons of features that can be enjoyed using this device. Coffee percolators are also capturing the interest of the younger generation who are curious about how coffee was brewed long before the coffee makers became the norm.
Do coffee percolators need filters?
According to coffee enthusiasts, coffee percolators do not need a filter because its design already includes a basket that would filter the coffee beans. However, there are times when people opt to use coffee grounds for making their coffee. Coffee grounds are smaller in size, and it tends to leak out of the filter basket. When using coffee grounds, a filter is recommended to be placed inside the device. Using a filter will make the coffee smoother, and coffee ground bits will be absent from the equation. This would also encourage more people to percolate their coffee because of the absence of bits that can ruin the experience.
What is the best stainless steel coffee percolator?
There are two types of coffee percolators in the market today. The first one is the electrical coffee percolators, while the other one is the classic stovetop coffee percolator. When talking about the best electrical coffee percolator, the Presto 02822 Six-Cup Stainless Steel Coffee Percolator takes the crown. Many people who have purchased the device are satisfied with the way it works, and it is also one of the best-selling percolators on the Amazon. When it comes to classic stovetop coffee percolators, the Farberware 50124 Classic Stainless Steel Yosemite Eight-Cup Coffee Stovetop Percolator is hailed as the best one.
The best percolator coffee maker on Amazon
Presto 02822 6-Cup Stainless-Steel Coffee Percolator
- This coffee percolator comes in a single color: silver
- It runs on a 500-watt power, and it can brew up to six cups of coffee
- The hot water circulates through the grounds, which imitates the familiar percolating sound
- It is equipped with an indicator light which lights up when the coffee is ready to serve
- A detachable cord is included in every product, making it portable and can be plugged in anywhere
- The spout prevents dripping, making it less messy when serving the coffee
- It has a keep-warm mode that prevents the coffee from becoming cold
- The dimensions of the coffee percolator are at seven and a half inches by four inches by ten inches.
- It comes with a one-year limited warranty
- This product does not require too much cleaning. It can be placed inside the dishwasher and the machine will clean it thoroughly.
- The coffee that creates tasted great, and it is easy to prepare.
- The coffee is ready within ten to twelve minutes.
- The plastic parts are not touching the water or coffee.
- It is durable and can withstand any elements.
- You can set it up during the evening, and plug the machine when to wake up the next day to give you a nice warm cup of coffee.
- This coffee percolator becomes really hot, and people should keep caution if they do not want to get burned.
- There are no automatic settings offered in this coffee percolator, and you really need to plug it in if you wanted to have coffee in the morning.
Farberware 2-4-Cup Percolator Stainless Steel FCP240
- This product is an electric coffee percolator that can brew up to four cups of coffee and runs on a 1000-watts power.
- It is made with durable stainless steel, making it last for so many years before breaking down.
- The brewing speed on this machine is up to one cup per minute.
- It has an automatic keep-warm mode to conserve the heat from the coffee.
- The handles do not get hot, making it easier to handle and preventing burns.
- The product is built concerning the electrical standards in North America.
- This machine can get very hot, and as a result, a nice hot cup of coffee can be made.
- It can brew coffee faster than any other percolators in the market. Within five minutes, the coffee is ready to serve.
- There is no need to buy additional filters.
- It does not take plenty of space because it has a small size.
- The advertisement stated that four cups can be made using this product. In reality, it can only create two coffees on an eight-ounce mug.
- The fill lines, which are used for guidance on how much water needs to be put inside the machine, are difficult to see.
Farberware 50124 Classic Stainless Steel Yosemite Eight-Cup Coffee Stovetop Percolator
- This product creates eight cups of coffee.
- It is the original stovetop coffee percolator that is loved by many.
- This product is durable, and it is portable.
- It has a filter basket that prevents mess.
- It is a sleek design, and any undesirable odor or taste is barred from entering the device.
- This product can be placed inside the dishwasher for quick cleaning.
- The manufacturers assure the users of its quality.
- It creates hot coffee, and it is cheaper in price.
- It is very easy to clean.
- It does not take up a lot of space because of its small size.
- The used grounds created by this percolator can be used as a fertilizer.
- The product can get very hot, and users should keep caution.
- The coffee that is created by the product is not enough for a big number of guests.
- Brewing is slow, and it takes ten minutes for the device to start percolating, and another six minutes
- for the actual percolation.
Hamilton Beach Brands 40614 Stainless Steel Coffee Percolator
- This product creates hot and flavorful coffee.
- It has a detachable cord, making it highly portable.
- It has a keep warm feature that prevents the coffee from turning cold.
- The handle does not get hot, making it a lot safer.
- The twist-off lids can be locked into place.
- The spout does not drip, preventing huge mess.
- An indicator stating that the coffee is ready to serve alerts the users that the percolating process has been completed.
- It brews less than a minute per cup, which is fast.
- The coffee created tasted great.
- No aluminum parts are touching the water or the coffee that might ruin its taste.
- Its knob is made of glass, and not plastic.
- It has an auto shut-off feature that kicks in when the percolating process is complete.
- The water level can be viewed through the window.
- The product does not come with a power cord.
- The filter basket has huge holes, and coffee grounds pass through it.
Cuisinart PRC-12 Classic Twelve-Cup Stainless Steel Percolator
- This percolator can create four to twelve cups of coffee
- The spout does not drip, making it less messy when serving the coffee
- The housing is made of stainless steel that is durable
- The product comes with a transparent knob, revealing the brew cycle progress
- The stay-cool bottom feature makes it possible to place the device on any surface without producing burns
- It has a ready indicator light
- The product comes with a detachable cord
- It is a stylish coffee percolator
- It creates a great tasting coffee
- It creates a loud sound
- The bulb is made of plastic, and not glass
Coleman 9 Cup Coffee Percolator
- This product is lightweight and it is durable. It can withstand most elements and will wear slowly than most of the percolators on the market.
- It is rust-resistant.
- The product comes with a bail handle that makes it easier to pour coffee.
- The dimensions of the product are sixteen and a half inches by 8.3 inches.
- This classic percolator can create great tasting coffee
- It is highly recommended to bring this device on a camping trip, and it can be placed above a fireplace
- It has a plain design, which may not look attractive for other percolator enthusiasts
Maxi-Matic EC-120 Twelve Cup Stainless Steel Percolator
- The product can brew up to twelve cups of coffee.
- Tea can also be brewed using the product.
- It comes with storage space for the cord.
- The product is equipped with an indicator light that makes it easier to determine if the coffee is ready.
- It has a keep warm mode.
- The filters are washable, and it can be placed inside the dishwasher for quick cleaning.
- The handle does not get very hot, and it has a precision pouring spout that prevents mess.
- This product makes a great tasting coffee or tea.
- The product does not have a shut-off button, and you need to unplug it once you are done using the device.
- The equipment might burn if you do not unplug it from the power source.
- The liquid temperature cannot be controlled. The resulting coffee is always too hot.
- The stainless steel accumulates stain at a fast rate. It is of low-quality.
- Buying a coffee filter is highly recommended when using this product because the coffee grounds tend to escape the built-in filter basket.
- Be careful when using the product because you might burn yourself if you are not paying attention. It can get hot easily and you should be cautious.
Euro Cuisine PER04 Electric Percolator Four Cup Stainless Steel Coffee Pot Maker
- This product lets you brew coffee easily.
- It is equipped with a clear glass knob that makes it easier for you to see the percolating process.
- It is easy to clean and can be placed inside the dishwasher for a quick rinse.
- It has a keep-warm function and an electric cord that can be removed anytime.
- It creates rich and steamy coffee
- The coffee can be poured easily without any mess
- It looks good on the counter, and it takes only a few spaces
- The handle can break easily
- The coffee and the device can be very hot, and serves should be cautious when serving the coffee especially if the handle starts to break
IMUSA USA GAU-00745 Aluminum Coffee Percolator
- It comes in a single color: silver
- The product is made from polished aluminum, and it is an ideal device for serving hot liquid
- The spout prevents any mess
- The product comes with a filter basket
- It is easy to handle and it is cool to the touch
- The interior of the device is made out of plastic
- The product creates a great tasting coffee
- The plastic interiors can be dangerous when mixed with liquid, and it is better to throw it away
- The aluminum used to create the product is very thin
Farberware 47794 Twelve-Cup Stovetop Stainless Steel Percolator
- This product is made with heavy-duty stainless steel that is highly durable and can withstand any elements.
- The mirror finish makes it great to look at.
- A blue glass knob installed on the device bubbles when the coffee starts to percolate.
- It has a filter basket inside.
- The interiors prevent any undesirable taste or odor to be absorbed by the water.
- It is safe to place inside a dishwasher.
- The product creates a great tasting coffee
- It has a great design and it does not take a lot of space
- The blue knob can break easily, so make sure to handle it with care